Friday, November 11, 2005

keep watch, take heart



a few years ago, I came across some Taize chants that I heard a group do as part of some informal worship.
I really locked on to some of the songs - beautifully written, beautifully/simply composed, and meaningfully sung over and over in a uniquely focused way. part of their greatness is that the mind really seems able to recall this sort of thing more easily. that has been a nice occurrence every now and then!

one that I remembered today was a basic chant, slow rhythm, in Eminor:

"wait for the Lord whose day is near,
wait for the Lord, keep watch, take heart."


just thought i'd share.

-s.o

1 Comments:

Blogger Brian Rhea said...

Good stuff...just checked some out on Rhapsody. I haven't heard this exact chant yet, but I like what's playing at the moment.

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home