Tuesday, March 29, 2005

child/God nature

I work with kids, so this hit home. I have prayed forgiveness over my forgetfulness of this kind of beautiful truth:

"We believe that the child, more than any other, has need of love because the child ... is rich in love. The child's need to be loved depends not so much on a lack that requires filling, but on a richness that seeks something that corresponds to it....The child needs an infinite, global love, such as no human being is able to give...in the contact with God the child finds the nourishment his (or her) being requires....God-who is Love-and the child, who asks for love more than for mother's milk, thus meet one another in a particular correspondence of nature..." -Sofia Cavalletti

When Jesus said to have faith like a child, I'm thinking he meant many things. I think he meant what is said above. I think he meant to come FULL ON to him. I think he meant we can come sad, say "sorry," be forgiven and go play again. And, overall, I think he meant that we will grow daily in faith, every minute new growth, expanding & exploding like the wild synapses in a budding child's brain.

-s.o

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home