Sunday, August 21, 2005

to be a master : at film


I just saw _Kung Fu Hustle_

I got the sense that it is a movie where the writer, director, and actors could have A LOT of fun! And that in itself helped me enjoy the film. It made my like the action more, forgive the gore more, laugh even louder too. All because I sensed this joy to the movie. In the end, it informed my respect for the story and my openness to the end effect.
All that said, I found it really uplifting. The message is great. AND, the creativity is somewhat contagious and makes me smile even as I write.

I don't know if I've ever felt this particular way about a film! Have you?! Kinda fun ... and creepy too ...

I think that can many times be what makes a great movie. It did here.

-s.o

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home