Thursday, July 07, 2005

today's rain, thoughts

I am thoroughly enjoying the weather today! I really think that, every once in a while, we need a good, long rainy day - like today. It has certain affects.
In many ways it slows us down, brings a kind of slower-paced calmness to the day. But, I've been watching some of the Tour de France lately, and I've seen guys take sharp turns, their bikes going over 30 mph, and the pavement glistening wet. (some have wrecked, but most have survived those turns). And, I like both pictures; whether we relax in rain, or swiftly ride over wet pavement with haste, our eye on the Champs-Elysees, the rain has imprinted the day. And I see God there.

-s.o

1 Comments:

Blogger s.o said...

You're right to dance. That's the point!
Rain has, many times, just caused me to slow down and do more thinking than usual.

that's gotta be a good thing.

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home