Thursday, July 07, 2005

other words about the Last Word

I finally got to talk to a friend about McLaren's _The Last Word_, although it was just a brief conversation so far.
still, I felt like we fleshed out something that I'd been thinking and feeling, but not exactly finding a way to express. he said, "I thought the book was great, and I might agree, but I'm just not there right now. I'm not even thinking about those kinds of things right now."
and, yes, that's me too. the book is so fresh and challenging, yet ... I think people are thinking about it in the context of MANY other things. there are so many new and challenging faith thoughts right now, that the "ultimate" questions, or maybe some of them, are hard to address in the midst of it all.
I don't feel discouraged or worried about that. I think it's fine.

But, I think there will be a day when it's time to get the book back out and get-to-the bottom of Hell!

-s.o

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home